I am senior HR professional and interested to serve Al-Fatah as 'Head of HR, OD & Training'.
Throughout my promising career of 15 plus years, I added strategic and operational value as a C-level HR leader in national and international companies including companies providing technology and engineering solutions, responsible financial services at micro level to promote entrepreneurship at the grassroot level and steered their HR, training and OD function in Pakistan and globally. I played a leading role in performing HR sub functions like talent acquisition by keeping in view person-job fit and person-culture fit, onboarding for headstart, performance management by crafting objective performance indicators, developing pipeline of organizational leaders for succession, designing total rewards systems, competency building, commitment building, culture building, boosting employee productivity etc. In the organizations that I served, I increase the likelihood, and reduce the costs, of improving organizational results, hitting organizational targets and succeeding with the burning platform of the day. Besides Pakistan, I also delivered my remote HR services in regions like North America, Asia Pacific, Central Asia and Middle East while heading HR function of technology companies like INTECH Process Automation and eWorx International for a decade. INTECH is a global process automation company serving Oil & Gas industry whereas eWorx is a US based technology company serving its clients in North America and Middle East. In this way, I skillfully managed cross-cultural nuances while delivering my HR services at global spectrum.
I played a pivotal role in decreasing time to full workforce productivity in all the organizations that I served by developing integrated development systems, selecting for competencies and adaptive learning skills, competency-based training, an aggressive onboarding process, early identification of development needs, candid and frequent performance feedback and incentive-based pay. I added strategic value in the following ways:
• Have substantial experience of designing and running Competency-based Assessment and Development Centers for hiring and developing people. My skillfully designed assessment centers helped in hiring squirrels for organizations because we may train a turkey to go up a tree, but it would be much more cost- effective to hire a squirrel.
• Designed and implemented processes for recruitment and selection by making use of state-of-the-art selection tools comprising of psychometric and Intelligence Quotient testing like Raven’s Standard Standard Matrices, MBTI, Big 5 personality tests, work sampling, and assessment centers.
• Launched behavioral change management programs by rectifying restrictive policies and dysfunctional behaviors like “a right way of doing it,” or a “way we have always done it”.
• Liberated passion of workforce by removing common passion killers in organizations like boring endless meetings, lengthy emails rather than personal contact, lack of customer insight driving decisions, hypercritical evaluation of ideas, inadequate positive recognition, lack of coaching, interdepartmental conflicts; and so on.
• Being an executive coach certified by Marshall Goldsmith, America’s topnotch executive coach, created job satisfaction by addressing twenty (20) bad habits exhibited as interpersonal challenges in organizations by making use of coaching principles of Marshall Goldsmith.
• Facilitated robust human relationships in organizations because every corporate pathology, dysfunction, or breakdown can be traced back to inauthentic, dysfunctional, fake, and mediocre relationships.
• Developed a mechanism for systematic observation, analysis, and measurement of the separate steps in the performance of jobs existing for the purpose of establishing a standard time for each performance, improving procedures, and increasing productivity.
• Helped organizational leaders in designing a framework for developing key performance indicators for their respective team members.
• Facilitated the development of performance management systems giving equal weightage to feedback and feedforward.
• Developed organizations as an integrated network, not a vertical hierarchy because out of the network emerge strategies as engaged people solve little problems that can grow into big initiatives.
• Developed and retained human capital by designing incentive programs and inculcating performance based organization culture.
• Ensured legal & statutory compliance by adherence to local country rules and regulations.
• Well-versed in industrial relations and employee relations.
In algebraic terms, human performance is the "X" factor. Human performance multiplied by company assets and company capabilities (themselves manifested through the actions and interactions of leaders and teams) delivers organizational results.
Here, it is worth-mentioning that my HR credentials have been endorsed by globally recognized Society of Human Resource Management (www.shrm.org), USA and I am senior certified HR professional, that is, SCP-SHRM.
At present, I am steering the HR function of AKHUWAT, http://www.akhuwat.org.pk as their Chief Human Resources Officer. AKHUWAT is a nonprofit microfinance institute doing amazing working in the social sector. It makes use of interest-free microfinance for helping the wretched of the earth to kick off their small businesses. The organization has disbursed around 150 billion in the currency of Pakistan as interest free loans for poverty alleviation at the grassroot level. The total benefitting families are over forty million throughout Pakistan who utilized these small ticket loans to set up their business at a small scale and emerged out of poverty through their own hard work and determination.
AKHUWAT has also completely revamped four hundred primary schools handed over by government of Punjab and established a university in Faisalabad and intermediate colleges in Lahore and Chakwal. Here, it is worth-mentioning that around fifty thousand students are studying in primary and boarding educational institutions of AKHUWAT without paying any kind of charges.
The total headcount of AKHUWAT’s paid associates has gone beyond six thousand (6000).
A healthy organization is not a collection of detached human resources who simply look after their own turf; it is a community of responsible human beings who care about the entire system and its long-term survival. In all the organizations where I served as HR Head, I played a pivotal role in building community of responsible humans.
Professor Henry Mintzberg aptly put it, 'when the world is predictable, we need smart people and when the world is unpredictable, we need adaptable people. Smart people don’t learn because they have too much invested in proving what they know and avoid being seen as not knowing.’ I am adaptable and open to learn.
I am a linchpin who can invent, connect, create, and make things happen. I am not a faceless cog in the machinery of organizational life, that is why, I want to meet you and the hiring team to exhibit my unique value proposition.
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/atif-tufail-227ba89
I also interviewed, respected Mr. Irfan Iqbal Sheikh, Chairman, Al-Fatah. Link of the interview on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytAnE0N1T-g&t=156s (Please watch the interview)
Work & Experience